The Commission on Social Communications and Mass Media:
1. Shall organize and encourage the Catholic Media forces in the Philippines in radio, television, press, film, audio-visual, theater and media education.
2. Shall encourage the formation of Diocesan Offices of Mass Media, and foster collaboration among them.
3. Shall maintain contact with the Pontifical Council for Social Communications in Rome, with the Apostolic Nunciature in the Philippines, and with the Office for Social Communication in the Federation of Asian Bishops’ Conferences, implementing the norms and instructions coming therefrom.
4. Shall make studies on advances in communication technology, keeping the Conference adequately informed thereof.
5. Shall promote the introduction of courses in social communications in Seminaries, Religious Houses of Formation and in Schools both private and public.
6. Shall encourage the national celebration of World Communications Day all over the country.
7. Shall endorse media productions which portray human and/or Gospel values irrespective of whether these are produced by Catholics or non-Catholics.
8. Shall undertake studies and make recommendations on the effective use of mass media of communications for the apostolate of the Church.
9. Shall assist in the establishment of Institutes and the organization of seminars for those actually engaged in the Apostolate of Mass Media, and animate those who show special disposition and talents for this specialized apostolate to undergo formation therein.
10. Shall promote the preparation of formational radio programs and reprints of significant press articles for distribution among the Mass Media Centers.
11. Shall watch for organized attempts to use mass media of communications to subvert Catholic doctrine and morals, and to inform the Conference thereof.
12. Shall keep in contact with regional and international associations devoted to the Media Apostolate through the organizations of Catholic broadcasters, educators, publishers, film producers, and akin entities.
13. Shall develop and promote a Christian formation of public opinion as a means of and service to evangelization.
Episcopal Commission on Social Communications and Mass Media (ECSCMM)
Chairman: Bp. Mylo Hubert C. Vergara
Vice-Chairman: Bp. Isabelo C. Abarquez
Bp. Broderick S. Pabillo
Bp. Crispin B. Varquez
Bp. Edwin de la Peña, MSP
Executive Secretary: Rev. Fr. Joselito I. Jopson
Commission on Social Communications and Mass Media
Address: Immaculate Conception Cathedral, Plaza Rizal, Malinao, 1600 Pasig City
Tel.Fax: (02) 696-6824
E-mail : email@example.com| firstname.lastname@example.org